I've come to realize that the idea of having a blog is great, but updating it frequently is another story. I want to share what I'm doing with people, but by the time I get to go to bed, there's not much else that I'd rather do! I can't seem to sit down and concentrate enough to write out my trip details in a way that people would find enjoyable. This is a work in progress :]
As usual, we started off the day with a couple hours of class - Cross Cultural Marketing. And of course, we had morning tea between the two sessions. After our last session, we all got dressed 'business-casual' as the Aussies told us to and headed to the train station. We had an arranged meeting with the internet department and company directors (CEO possibly?) of ING - an internet-based bank in Australia. I enjoyed the lecture very much and definitely like this company! They have taken the banking world by storm and drawn Aussies into what services they have to offer. I want to become a member and open up a high interest-yielding account but there's only one problem ... Aussies only -- dang
Afterwards - Nick, Alexa, and I went on a search for a coffee shop. This might sound easy, except for the fact that most shops and businesses around Australia (Europe, too) close by 5pm. We found a 7/11 - bought some TimTams and continued our search. We stopped off at the post and bought some postcard and stamps, saw this creeper guy staring at us through the window (which we took a picture of, of course :) We ended up finding a shop called Max Brenner, an all-chocolate café. They serve hot chocolates of all kinds, fondues, waffles, coffees, candies, etc. Not only did we find what we were looking for, but we felt like we had just been teleported into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I bought an 'American marshmallow hot chocolate' that came in a hugmug - really good stuff. It even came with marshmallows on top! Together we bought milk and dark chocolate fondue, accompanied with strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, and banana bread. By the time we were finished, I was definitely full - but all giddy because of the fact that I'd experienced this! Especially since I returned from my trip to Scandinavia last summer, I've had this idea that the whole world is healthy, skinny, in shape -- and that the good ol' U S of A were the obese ones, the chubbs who eat whatever they want. This may be true in some circumstances but I've come to realize that Aussies sure like their lollies (candy), fast food, and meat pies. I guess that the finger shouldn't only be pointed at America, Australia has a sweet tooth, also. Once again, the long train ride back to campus and a much anticipated night of rest.
26 May 2009
Procrastination and chocolate, what a mixture.
Posted by Matthew Moroni at 5:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment